Firefighters tackle major blaze on Woodbury Common
- Credit: Zoe Adey
Public urged to stay away as road is closed and smoke can be seen from miles around.
Fire crews are tackling a major blaze on Woodbury Common.
Police have closed the B3180 between the Halfway Inn and Four Firs and have told the public to avoid the Woodbury area.
Firefighters and police are currently at the scene.
Smoke from the fire can be seen from miles around.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Adey provided these photographs from her yard in Harpford - some five miles from the scene of the blaze.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon