Firework spectacular at Axminster
Event a stunning success
A LARGE crowd enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display at Axminster.
Conditions were perfect for the Guy Fawkes celebrations at Cloakham Lawns.
Rob Mitchell and his volunteers were congratulated on an excellent display and a bonfire that was big enough to still be burning two days later.
A merry-go-round and stalls, courtesy of Herberts Funfair, added to the attractions, while club members and helpers provided a variety of food from the barbecue and kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
Axminster Carpets Ltd were this year’s main sponsors, but the event was also supported by Bradfords, the Spar Shop at Millwey Rise and Axe Skip Hire, who assisted in building the bonfire.
A spokesman for Cloakham also thanked members of the club who helped with car parking and stewarding, during what proved to be a trouble free evening.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
He added: “We also wish to thank the large numbers of the public who attend this annual event and who showed their appreciation with a spontaneous round of applause at the end of the display. We look forward to them all returning next year.”