Firework spectacular at Axminster
Event a stunning success
A LARGE crowd enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display at Axminster.
Conditions were perfect for the Guy Fawkes celebrations at Cloakham Lawns.
Rob Mitchell and his volunteers were congratulated on an excellent display and a bonfire that was big enough to still be burning two days later.
A merry-go-round and stalls, courtesy of Herberts Funfair, added to the attractions, while club members and helpers provided a variety of food from the barbecue and kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
Axminster Carpets Ltd were this year’s main sponsors, but the event was also supported by Bradfords, the Spar Shop at Millwey Rise and Axe Skip Hire, who assisted in building the bonfire.
A spokesman for Cloakham also thanked members of the club who helped with car parking and stewarding, during what proved to be a trouble free evening.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
He added: “We also wish to thank the large numbers of the public who attend this annual event and who showed their appreciation with a spontaneous round of applause at the end of the display. We look forward to them all returning next year.”