Firework spectacular at Axminster
Event a stunning success
A LARGE crowd enjoyed a spectacular fireworks display at Axminster.
Conditions were perfect for the Guy Fawkes celebrations at Cloakham Lawns.
Rob Mitchell and his volunteers were congratulated on an excellent display and a bonfire that was big enough to still be burning two days later.
A merry-go-round and stalls, courtesy of Herberts Funfair, added to the attractions, while club members and helpers provided a variety of food from the barbecue and kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
Axminster Carpets Ltd were this year’s main sponsors, but the event was also supported by Bradfords, the Spar Shop at Millwey Rise and Axe Skip Hire, who assisted in building the bonfire.
A spokesman for Cloakham also thanked members of the club who helped with car parking and stewarding, during what proved to be a trouble free evening.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
He added: “We also wish to thank the large numbers of the public who attend this annual event and who showed their appreciation with a spontaneous round of applause at the end of the display. We look forward to them all returning next year.”