Firework warning from Sidmouth dog lover
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden. Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals.
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden.
"Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals."
A dog owner herself, and a keen supporter of the local charity ARC - Animal Rescue Centre - Miss Golden is planning to leave her riverside home to stay at a country cottage on Bonfire Night, to ensure her little Patterdale terrier is not frightened by local firework users.
She said: "I was told some years ago, by the owner of an elderly bitch, that her dog panicked when she heard bangers going off and crashed out through the garden hedge and they never found her again.
You may also want to watch:
"People don't think. Someone else with two Alsatians was riding home in her car when fireworks went off and they were too frightened to get out of the car.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 9 School embraces reading challenge
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers