Firework warning from Sidmouth dog lover
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden. Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals.
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden.
"Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals."
A dog owner herself, and a keen supporter of the local charity ARC - Animal Rescue Centre - Miss Golden is planning to leave her riverside home to stay at a country cottage on Bonfire Night, to ensure her little Patterdale terrier is not frightened by local firework users.
She said: "I was told some years ago, by the owner of an elderly bitch, that her dog panicked when she heard bangers going off and crashed out through the garden hedge and they never found her again.
You may also want to watch:
"People don't think. Someone else with two Alsatians was riding home in her car when fireworks went off and they were too frightened to get out of the car.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death