Firework warning from Sidmouth dog lover
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden. Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals.
A WORD of warning this week to those planning to let off fireworks in Sidmouth, comes from animal lover Deirdre Golden.
"Please think before letting off bangers, because they create havoc for some domestic animals."
A dog owner herself, and a keen supporter of the local charity ARC - Animal Rescue Centre - Miss Golden is planning to leave her riverside home to stay at a country cottage on Bonfire Night, to ensure her little Patterdale terrier is not frightened by local firework users.
She said: "I was told some years ago, by the owner of an elderly bitch, that her dog panicked when she heard bangers going off and crashed out through the garden hedge and they never found her again.
You may also want to watch:
"People don't think. Someone else with two Alsatians was riding home in her car when fireworks went off and they were too frightened to get out of the car.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 6 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges