FIRST LOOK: We visited Honiton’s new garden centre opening on December 1
- Credit: Archant
In a month’s time, Honiton’s newest garden centre will open its doors to the public - and we take a sneak peek behind the scenes.
The centre, which has cost approximately £1.4million to build, is in the final stages of being kitted out.
Manager James Trevett has been working with Combe Estate to bring the store to the town.
He said: “It has got the point now where after two years of working on the original drawings, I know it’s not going to open in the future, but it’s opening in the next few weeks.
“It’s personal now!
You may also want to watch:
“We are ambitious - we do not want to offer a mediocre nursery experience.
“We want to build a garden centre that people are happy to take a drive to see.”
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
Mr Trevett said there are no more vacancies for the store, which has a waiting list ‘as long as his arm’.
He added: “It is my intention to enter into garden retail awards within our first year of opening.”
Combe Garden Centre, based at the former Meadow View Nursery site in Gittisham, will open on Saturday, December 1.