Five crimes reported, Colyton
FIVE crimes have been reported in Colyton this month, compared to one in June.
A Nikon D60 camera was stolen during a house party earlier in the month.
Two burglaries were reported between July 7 and 9. A house was broken into in South Street and jewellery taken, then a pane of glass was removed from a house another house in South Street – but nothing was taken.
On July 10, an attempted theft of a Honda mped, parked on Moorfield, was reported to police.
A Seat car was broken into and a purse stolen at Rosemary Lane on July 12.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Steve Speariett said: “This year has seen crime levels below the long-term average in six out of the seven months to date.”
Compared to this time last year, he said crime had dropped from 13 to 5. There were no reported crimes in Axmouth, Rousdon, Combpyne, Southleigh, Northeigh and Farway.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 4 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 9 Summer progress at Exeter City
- 10 Beautiful time of year to enjoy angling
But he asked residents to report any suspicious activity or antisocial behaviour on 08452 777 444.