Five crimes reported, Colyton
FIVE crimes have been reported in Colyton this month, compared to one in June.
A Nikon D60 camera was stolen during a house party earlier in the month.
Two burglaries were reported between July 7 and 9. A house was broken into in South Street and jewellery taken, then a pane of glass was removed from a house another house in South Street – but nothing was taken.
On July 10, an attempted theft of a Honda mped, parked on Moorfield, was reported to police.
A Seat car was broken into and a purse stolen at Rosemary Lane on July 12.
Pc Steve Speariett said: “This year has seen crime levels below the long-term average in six out of the seven months to date.”
Compared to this time last year, he said crime had dropped from 13 to 5. There were no reported crimes in Axmouth, Rousdon, Combpyne, Southleigh, Northeigh and Farway.
- 1 Did visit prompt Queen Victoria to choose Honiton lace for wedding dress?
- 2 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 3 A site for sore eyes
- 4 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 5 Mud and obelisks for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 7 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 8 'Setting a balanced budget for Devon'
- 9 Candidates sought to stand as new town councillors
- 10 Honiton Ladies reach Quarter Finals of the National Yetton Trophy
But he asked residents to report any suspicious activity or antisocial behaviour on 08452 777 444.