Five crimes reported, Colyton
FIVE crimes have been reported in Colyton this month, compared to one in June.
A Nikon D60 camera was stolen during a house party earlier in the month.
Two burglaries were reported between July 7 and 9. A house was broken into in South Street and jewellery taken, then a pane of glass was removed from a house another house in South Street – but nothing was taken.
On July 10, an attempted theft of a Honda mped, parked on Moorfield, was reported to police.
A Seat car was broken into and a purse stolen at Rosemary Lane on July 12.
Pc Steve Speariett said: “This year has seen crime levels below the long-term average in six out of the seven months to date.”
Compared to this time last year, he said crime had dropped from 13 to 5. There were no reported crimes in Axmouth, Rousdon, Combpyne, Southleigh, Northeigh and Farway.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Church recital at Broadhembury
But he asked residents to report any suspicious activity or antisocial behaviour on 08452 777 444.