Five star praise for hospitality professional
- Credit: Archant
Axminster woman collects South West Tourism’s silver award for her ‘outstanding customer service’
A 23-year-old Axminster woman has been commended by the region’s holiday industry for providing visitors with “five star” care.
Tara Dare, of Hedgehog Corner B and B and Cottages, at Raymonds Hill, scooped South West Tourism’s silver award for “outstanding customer service”.
The prestigious prize giving ceremony took place at the Eden Project in Cornwall, on Friday.
Tara, who has been employed at Hedgehog Corner since leaving Exeter College, said: “It’s amazing to think that my natural approach and attitude towards the business, the hospitality industry and most importantly our guests has been recognised with such a personal and prestigious award. I am absolutely thrilled.”
You may also want to watch:
Anne Blackburn, of The Sidona Group who sponsored this category, said: “Tara is a star. An amazing future ahead for such a talented and hardworking hospitality professional. Enjoy your success - well done!”
Chief judge, Alistair Handyside, said: “Once again, leading tourism businesses in the South West have excelled themselves in maintaining a strong tradition of innovation and quality.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert