Flaming tea towel dealt with at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters called to fire in elderly man’s flat at Kings Gardens
Three fire crews were called to reports of a blaze in an elderly man’s flat in Honiton this morning (Saturday).
Appliances from Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Axminster were initially sent to the incident at Kings Gardens when the man called just before 10.30am to say there had been a fire and alarms were sounding.
But on arriving the Honiton crew found only a small fire involving a tea towel that had been left on an oven hob.
It was quickly removed and put out in a nearby sink of water.
You may also want to watch:
The crew checked there was nothing else and ventilated the property, before leaving the gentleman in the care of a responsible person.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding