Flat fire

Cause believed to be accidental.

A fire involving an oven appliance broke out in a domestic flat in Seaton.

Firefighters from Colyton and Axminster attended the incident in Harbour Road, yesterday (Sunday), at 6.38pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was out on the arrival of the fire crews who inspected the property to ensure it was safe.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter