Flats fire alert at Axminster

PUBLISHED: 09:18 21 November 2013 | UPDATED: 09:18 21 November 2013

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Grill pan blaze blamed for smoke in a second floor corridor at West Street apartment block

A small fire in a grill pan sparked a major alert in Axminster at around 7pm last night (Wednesday).

Firefighters from Axminster, Colyton and Charmouth were called to a block of flats in West Street after reports of smoke in a corridor.

The crew found light smoke logging on the second floor of the building and began investigating using a thermal imaging camera. They discovered the cause to be a small fire in a grill pan which was out on arrival.

Crews thoroughly inspected the apartment and the surrounding area before leaving the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald