Flooding causes disruption on region’s trains
Normal service not expected to resume until Wednesday.
Train services in Honiton and Axminster are still being disrupted due to heavy rain and flooding in the area.
Flooding caused a landslip near Honiton yesterday (Sunday), which resulted in no trains running between Yeovil Junction and Exeter St Davids, including routes to Honiton and Axminster.
A spokesperson for the South West Trains-Network Rail alliance said: “Rail services in the south-west of England are continuing to be disrupted as a result of recent heavy rain, which has caused flooding and landslips.
“Flooding is still disrupting train services in the Axminster area and we are unable to serve stations between Yeovil Junction and Honiton. Engineers have inspected the line and a normal service is not expected to resume before Wednesday.”
You may also want to watch:
The following arrangements have been made for rail passengers:
Trains will run from Exeter Central to Honiton at 05:14, 06:45, 07:42, 08:39, 09:36, 10:33 & 11:30 and then at 30 minutes past the hour for the rest of the day
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
Trains will run from Honiton to Exeter Central at 06:08, 07:14, 08:11, 09:08, 10:05, 11:02 & 11:59 and then at 59 minutes past the hour for the rest of the day
A replacement bus service will run between Exeter St David’s and Yeovil Junction. These buses will run direct between Exeter St David’s and Honiton
Trains between Yeovil Junction and London Waterloo are able to run to their normal times
Passengers may use First Great Western, CrossCountry and London Underground services on all reasonable routes and also local Stagecoach buses between Honiton and Exeter. Heavy delays are expected on these buses.
The spokesperson added: “We would like to apologise to customers for the disruption. Passengers are advised to check in advance of travel for updates.”