Axminster ladies get busy with Autumn blooms
- Credit: Archant
Flower arrangers use seasonal blooms to create designs
Celebrating the start of autumn, recent flower arranging workshops at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall, saw an array of gorgeous blooms.
Making modern designs, featuring rich jewel colours, the ladies learnt numerous techniques on how to combine natural materials including bamboo, wool, coconut and straw with their foliage and flowers.
Amongst those participating were Carole Hanna, Ann Keane, Gillie George and Jean Rowe from Axminster.
Gillie George said: “This workshop was a really good one. We received lots of tips and ideas in a really relaxed class, it was great fun!”
You may also want to watch:
Ann Keane added: “I was very pleased - it was great to learn new ideas and designs.”
First time flower arranger Sarah Taylor said: “I learnt so much including how to position my flowers to make my design work. All the ladies were lovely, a very friendly group and most welcoming. Jackie explained each stage of the class thoroughly. I’ll be back!”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
Award-winning tutor Jackie Nicholls from Ashville Design who teaches the workshops said: “Introducing different craft elements into the design was great fun.”
Flower arranging is really therapeutic - and an ideal way to make new, like-minded friends in a relaxed and fun environment. The final designs were all fabulous and it just goes to show that you really don’t need any experience to have a go.
“Well done to everyone who came, I’m very proud of you all.”
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.