Flower theft leaves seaton OAP blooming mad
Flo sees red after “mean-spirited” thief steals roses from her garden
A SEATON pensioner is hoping someone enjoyed receiving a bunch of beautiful, dark red roses.
But Flo Townley says the mean-spirited person who stole them from her garden doesn’t deserve a bouquet.
She said: “Did the recipient enjoy their lovely scent? Was the giver gratified? I hope so – because they were stolen from an elderly woman.”
Mrs Townley, residents’ association secretary at the St Gregory’s Court sheltered homes complex, is even more angry because the flowers were taken from the bushes just outside her bedroom.
She told The Herald: “I was deeply upset to find that some mean-spirited thief had been right outside my window in the dark of night while I was sleeping there.
“To those involved, I would like to say ‘how would you feel if someone had done this to your gran?’
- 1 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 2 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 6 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 7 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
“I have to admit that I cannot understand why someone would stoop so low. This may seem petty to some, but I found it disgusting.”