Young air cadet has an “amazing” experience flying in a fighter jet used by the Red Arrows.
A young air cadet from Honiton was in her element when she was able to fly in a fighter jet used by the Red Arrows.
Warrant Officer Selina Small, of the 1064 Air Training Corps, was chosen to take part in the PAX cadet flight in a BAE T1 Hawk during a summer camp at RAF Valley, in Anglesey, North Wales.
She was allowed to take the controls of the jet and complete a loop acrobatic move.
“The experience was amazing,” says the 19-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
“The thrill of the loop was like nothing I have felt before and I would do it again in a flash.”
The plane is used by the Red Arrows display team and is also used to train fighter pilots.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
Anyone interested in joining the 1064 Honiton Air Training Corp can call 01404 43286 for more information.