Young air cadet has an “amazing” experience flying in a fighter jet used by the Red Arrows.
A young air cadet from Honiton was in her element when she was able to fly in a fighter jet used by the Red Arrows.
Warrant Officer Selina Small, of the 1064 Air Training Corps, was chosen to take part in the PAX cadet flight in a BAE T1 Hawk during a summer camp at RAF Valley, in Anglesey, North Wales.
She was allowed to take the controls of the jet and complete a loop acrobatic move.
“The experience was amazing,” says the 19-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
“The thrill of the loop was like nothing I have felt before and I would do it again in a flash.”
The plane is used by the Red Arrows display team and is also used to train fighter pilots.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
Anyone interested in joining the 1064 Honiton Air Training Corp can call 01404 43286 for more information.