Fond farewells to Joan
- Credit: Archant
Abbeyfield residents in Honiton treat housekeeper Joan Haywood, who retires after 10 years service, to a special cream tea.
Residents at Abbeyfield in Honiton bid a fond farewell to a beloved member of staff.
Joan Haywood, the house keeper at Abbeyfield, has retired after 10 years of service and was treated to a special cream team celebration by residents at Royal Oak Farm .
“It has been very rewarding although it has had its ups and down,” says the 62-year-old. I will miss the residents and they all have something to add. When I am feeling down they raise you up.
“On the whole it has brought a lot of pleasure.”
You may also want to watch:
Joan is hoping to spend more time with her family but says she will still visit the residents at Abbeyfield. “I am looking forward to it,” she added.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled