Former Chief Constable dies
Arrangements being made for funeral of John Cottingham Alderson CBE.
A former Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall Police has died at the age of 89.
John Cottingham Alderson CBE died peacefully last Friday (October 7).
Mr Alderson, who was Chief Constable for nine years, was awarded the Queen’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service in 1974.
He studied law and was a Fellow of the Institute of Criminology at Cambridge, as well as a Gwilym Gibbon Fellow at Nuffield college, Oxford.
You may also want to watch:
Funeral arrangements are being made.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West