Former Honiton Library assistant starts new supervisor role
- Credit: Archant
A former assistant at Honiton Library has started a new job as supervisor at Ottery Library.
Xanthe Waite trained as a primary school teacher and specialised in Key Stage 2 education for more than a decade before embarking on a career change.
Her library career started in 2016 as a library assistant at Honiton Library. Following a successful year in the post, Xanthe, secured the supervisor position at the neighbouring library in Ottery in December 2017.
Xanthe said: “I am delighted to be the new supervisor at Ottery.
“Everyone has given me a very warm welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“I love a job where I can make a difference, where I can help people and where we can focus on the library being at the heart of the community. “I am looking forward to getting to know my staff and customers and to ensuring the library remains an important part of the town.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost