Foster care for abandoned Cookie
Donkey now enjoying one-to-one attention near Axminster.
Cookie, an abandoned donkey, has started a new life in a foster home near Axminster.
Thanks to The Donkey Sanctuary, eight-year-old Cookie has undergone extensive treatment after being found wandering a long a busy road, underweight and with painful hooves.
Maxine Carter, farm manager for The Donkey Sanctuary, said: “The Donkey Sanctuary’s foster scheme allows young and healthy donkeys in our care to enjoy the one-on-one attention that only a private home can provide.
“It is always particularly rewarding to see a donkey that has had a difficult start in life develop in confidence and character to the point where they make the perfect addition to a family home.
You may also want to watch:
““Whilst in our care, Cookie became good friends with a donkey named Bastaville and the two of them are now enjoying life on a foster home near Axminster in East Devon.
“The pair have lovely friendly characters, and I have no doubt that they will benefit greatly from the extra love and attention their new foster owners will be able to provide.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 3 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
The Donkey Sanctuary’s foster scheme carefully matches donkeys with prospective homes to ensure a happy future for both donkeys and foster owners. To find out more about fostering donkeys, please call the charity’s Welfare Team on 01395 578222 or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/fostering.