Four face trial on Seaton kidnap charge
- Credit: Archant
Judge sets Exeter Crown Court hearing for January 30
A judge has set a date for the trial of four men who are accused of kidnapping a man in Seaton.
The four defendants will all stand trial at Exeter Crown Court on January 30, accused of kidnap and assault charges.
Jamie Channing, aged 27, of Prince Charles Road, Launceston; Troy Coaker, aged 24, of Harbour Road, Seaton; Sean Currie, aged 51, of Fore Street, Sidmouth, and Howard Dwyer, aged 38, of Malvern Road, Sidmouth, are all accused of kidnap.
They are all alleged to have carried away a male against his will in Seaton on July 6, 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Channing and Currie also face charges of kidnapping a woman on June 24, 2016 and Channing is alleged to have carried out an assault which caused grievous bodily harm the following day.
Judge Geoffrey Mercer, QC, adjourned the case for a pre-trial review in early January.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
He also set a timetable for the service of prosecution and defence papers.