Free event for carers in Honiton
Time to take a well-deserved break at The Boston Tea Party.
East Devon carers are being invited to a tea party to celebrate their achievements and indulge in a well-deserved break.
Daniel Carnall, Director of Independance Enabling, a Honiton-based company providing specialist respite care for individuals and groups of children and young adults with special needs, is putting on the free event in support of Carers Week, which runs nationally from June 18 to 24.
He said: “I feel it is vital we acknowledge the important role carers play in society.
“When you consider the sheer volume of people in the country fulfilling a caring role and getting very little in terms of financial support, it seems only right we do something to show our appreciation.
“After all, caring can be a very challenging and tiring role with the carer often neglecting their own needs and well-being.’
As an organisation that comes into daily contact with a high number of carers from East Devon, Independence Enabling is well placed to understand what ‘time out’ can mean to people providing unpaid care.
- 1 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 2 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 5 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 6 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 7 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 8 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
“It was important for us to do something during Carers Weeks as recognition of the hard work put in by local carers, and we hope the event will be well received,” added Dan.
The event, on Thursday, June 21, is being back by local MP Neil Parish. He said: “I am so pleased that carers in East Devon are being recognised for the huge personal sacrifices they make to help the most vulnerable in our community.
“Their actions give thousands a quality of life they wouldn’t otherwise have.
“I also hope this event will give East Devon carers a well deserved break and a chance to enjoy themselves.”
A small army of local organisations have got behind the event. The Boston Tea Party in Honiton is donating its premises for the occasion and will be handing out free cups of tea, coffee and cakes.
Roz Williams, manager of The Boston Tea Party, said: “We are really proud to be involved in such a worthwhile event and hope it will be well attended.”
Due to limited space, reservations are strictly on a first come, first served basis and booking is essential. To express an interest in the event, or to find out more, contact Dan Carnall on 0787 894 5804.