Free help to bring communities together for the jubilee

Devon County Council offer free service for communities wanting to hold street parties.

Devon County Council is offering a free application service to help bring communities together to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee this summer.

To make it easier for residents to hold street parties, organisers can fill out an application form and declaration to the county council.

Anyone planning a street party can apply to the council for a temporary traffic regulation order to close a minor road - free of charge,

The notice period for closures has been reduced, especially for the event, from three months to six weeks.

You may also want to watch:

Applications need to be submitted by Friday, April 20.

Organisers will only be charged if No Waiting Cones are needed.

Most Read

For street parties on a major road special procedures must be followed.

For more information or an application form call 0845 1551004, email or visit

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter