Charges to recommence on April 1
Little publicity seems to have been given to the fact in recent times free parking has been re-established on the eastern end of Seaton Esplanade and is now in force.
Quiet replacement of signage now allows for this until April 1, recommencing September 31.
Most readers will be aware parking meters were introduced last year under the guise of ‘traffic management’.
Living on the seafront, we have been amazed that vans carrying enforcement officers have been employed to patrol an empty seafront during the winter months, so it is good to see that at last sanity by the local authority prevails!
It would seem that these meters were installed prematurely as Seaton certainly does not have a traffic congestion problem and congratulations should be proffered to those who brought this change about.
- 1 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 2 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 5 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 6 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 7 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 8 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident