Charges to recommence on April 1
Little publicity seems to have been given to the fact in recent times free parking has been re-established on the eastern end of Seaton Esplanade and is now in force.
Quiet replacement of signage now allows for this until April 1, recommencing September 31.
Most readers will be aware parking meters were introduced last year under the guise of ‘traffic management’.
Living on the seafront, we have been amazed that vans carrying enforcement officers have been employed to patrol an empty seafront during the winter months, so it is good to see that at last sanity by the local authority prevails!
You may also want to watch:
It would seem that these meters were installed prematurely as Seaton certainly does not have a traffic congestion problem and congratulations should be proffered to those who brought this change about.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust