Charges to recommence on April 1
Little publicity seems to have been given to the fact in recent times free parking has been re-established on the eastern end of Seaton Esplanade and is now in force.
Quiet replacement of signage now allows for this until April 1, recommencing September 31.
Most readers will be aware parking meters were introduced last year under the guise of ‘traffic management’.
Living on the seafront, we have been amazed that vans carrying enforcement officers have been employed to patrol an empty seafront during the winter months, so it is good to see that at last sanity by the local authority prevails!
You may also want to watch:
It would seem that these meters were installed prematurely as Seaton certainly does not have a traffic congestion problem and congratulations should be proffered to those who brought this change about.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington