Free places for youngsters on unique course
Teenagers could enjoy a life-enriching summer aventure.
Free places on a unique four-week personal development course, including two ‘residentials’, are being offered by Devon charity Community Action South West.
Local 16 and 17 year olds in East Devon could sign up for a life-enriching summer adventure with volunteering at its centre, giving valuable personal development skills under the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme.
However, just 22 places are available for the events starting on Monday, July 22 and Monday, August 5.
NCS facilitates a combination of residential and community activities which, say organisers, will develop life-long skills.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, young people taking part will be able to use the experience to show and celebrate their commitment when applying to colleges, universities and employers.
Lyn Brown, of Community Action South West which is running the programme locally, said: “The courses are totally free, but worth about £1,300 each. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for local young people who want to develop their personal skills, work as part of a team, have a great adventure and subsequently plan and deliver volunteering projects in the community.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“It’s the type of activity that can be used on Personal Statements for young people aspiring to go to university and also on CVs for those who want to secure employment. Aside from evidencing essential life skills, young people taking part will be more confident and be more aware in the community.
For more information and to enroll, call 01271 378 561.