Fresh hopes for return of Axminster hospital beds
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners fighting for the return of inpatient beds at Axminster Hospital say recent staff recruitment days were a big success.
Thirty registered nurses (RN) and 76 health care assistants (HCA) attended the open day at Axminster on Saturday.
A similar event at Seaton Hospital the previous Tuesday attracted eight registered nurses and 47 HCAs.
A spokesman for Axminster Hopsital Action Group (AHAG) said: “Everyone involved with Northern Devon NHS Healthcare Trust and members the League of Friends and AHAG who were there, hailed both sessions as highly successful and are optimistic in being able to obtain the staff needed to reopen the inpatient beds in Axminster.
“Many RNs were able to have an interview on the day whilst others will have theirs in the coming week, some looking for a full-time post and others wanting more flexible part-time work.”
You may also want to watch:
Vacancies will remain live until March 1. For details visit: www.eastdevoncommunityhealth.co.uk
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery