Frozen Honiton warmed to sound of band
Residents’ support greatly appreciated in the run-up to Christmas.
I would like to express thanks, on behalf of Honiton Band, to the people of Honiton for their generosity over the 2010 Christmas season.
Although our playing was curtailed by the weather, the public were very supportive when we did manage to get out. In response to our High Street carol playing on December 4 and 14, the band raised a total of �357.50 and our house-to-house playing was also well received, raising a further �100.16.
Thank you very much for your support, particularly during these difficult economic times.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public