Funding opportunity for Lyme Regis organisations
- Credit: Archant
Local groups are being invited to apply for grants of up to £4,999.
Community groups in Lyme Regis will have the opportunity to apply for town council funding early in the New Year.
Organisations that provide services and opportunities for local residents will be able to bid for up to £4,999 for future projects.
Lyme Regis Town Council will have around £40,000 to meet funding requests from April 2018.
Charities, groups with charitable purposes, and not-for-profit organisations can apply for minor grants of up to £999, and medium grants between £1,000 and £4,999.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors will consider the applications at a special meeting in April and organisations will have up to a year to use the funding.
To apply, organisations must be a properly constituted body and must not already be receiving a major grant from the council.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The application documents required include an application form, project costs, and a governing document or constitution.
In the case of medium grants, organisations must also provide details of their financial status and evidence of funding from other sources.
The council will also look favourably on organisations that show evidence of self-help.
Mayor Michaela Ellis, said: “The council sets aside a significant amount of money in its budget every year to support local organisations through minor and medium grants, in addition to the major grants already allocated.
“The town council is fortunate enough to be able to support local groups who contribute so much to the life of our town.
“The council welcomes applications from all organisations who provide services to the community of Lyme Regis, providing they meet the eligibility criteria, and would encourage applications from groups who may not have applied before.
“Council officers can provide guidance on filling in the application form and which documents must be provided, to ensure applications meet the criteria before being considered by members.”
Further information on the application process will be advertised in the press and on the town council’s social media and website in January, with a closing date at the end of February.
For more information and to seek advice on an application, contact the town council’s administrative officer Adrianne Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01297 445175.