Fundraising auction to boost Honiton Admiral Nurse campaign postponed
- Credit: Archant
A major fundraiser for Honiton’s Admiral Nurse campaign has fallen victim to the weather.
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery (THG) has been forced to postpone a charity art auction, supposed to be held today (Friday), due to a heavy downfall of snow.
The decision came after East Devon was issued a red warning by the Met Office, indicating the weather posed a risk to life.
The new date for the auction is Friday 8 June at 7pm (reception 6pm) in the main gallery.
THG’s Fiona Page-Turner said: “The safety of all our visitors and the auction team and volunteers is paramount to us so we have decided to postpone the auction and to relaunch it for after our next exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who has already shown an interest and placed bids. These will all still be valid.
“We hope you can join us on June 8 to help us raise as much money as possible and do credit to the artists who have so generously donated these wonderful artworks.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying