Funnyman Jason Manford applauds Sharon’s success
Honiton Slimming World organiser meets star at awards ceremony.
Sharon Grove scored a big 10 out of 10 from comedian Jason Manford when they met at Slimming World’s annual awards ceremony to celebrate its most successful slimmers.
Sharon, who runs weekly Slimming World groups at Honiton Baptist Church, was thrilled to meet the funnyman, who shot to fame on TV panel show 8 Out of 10 Cats, in Birmingham.
Salford-born stand-up Jason, who has appeared on a string of television shows including Show Me the Funny, Comedy Rocks and Live at the Apollo, joined Slimming World’s founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE to host the ceremony.
Sharon says meeting Jason Manford was the perfect ending to another extraordinary year for Slimming World. The national organisation helps more than a million people every year to lose weight and lead healthier, happier lives at one of its 8,000 weekly sessions.
You may also want to watch:
“But there’s still a lot of work to be done,” adds Sharon. “With some of the highest levels of obesity in Europe here in the UK, in 2012 we want to help even more people to slim down and improve their health starting this January.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal