Fur plight greyhound is left on the shelf
Marcus is stuck in kennels near Honiton because potential owners don’t like his coat.
A SICKENING demand for perfect, designer pets has left a greyhound pining for a new home in kennels near Honiton.
Four-year-old Marcus has been rejected by potential new owners – because they don’t like his coat.
But Maddy Taylor, 34, of the Devon branch of Greyhound Rescue West of England, says: “Once he has had a soft bed and a couple of months of TLC, he will have a lovely black coat again.
“He has developed bald patches from the stress of being in kennels and people just can’t see past that.”
You may also want to watch:
Marcus, a former race dog, was handed over to the charity in May.
“He has been with us for four months and he is clearly not happy,” said Maddy.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
“I can’t fault him. He loves people and would be good in a house with older children.
“He is a dream on a lead and is ready to go, but just needs a loving home.”
Marcus did not enjoy a glittering career as a race dog. Out of 57 races, he won just seven.
But Greyhound Rescue is convinced he would make an ideal pet.
If you can give Marcus a good new home, contact 07000 785092 for further information.