Fur plight greyhound is left on the shelf
Marcus is stuck in kennels near Honiton because potential owners don’t like his coat.
A SICKENING demand for perfect, designer pets has left a greyhound pining for a new home in kennels near Honiton.
Four-year-old Marcus has been rejected by potential new owners – because they don’t like his coat.
But Maddy Taylor, 34, of the Devon branch of Greyhound Rescue West of England, says: “Once he has had a soft bed and a couple of months of TLC, he will have a lovely black coat again.
“He has developed bald patches from the stress of being in kennels and people just can’t see past that.”
You may also want to watch:
Marcus, a former race dog, was handed over to the charity in May.
“He has been with us for four months and he is clearly not happy,” said Maddy.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Double aces at Axe Cliff Golf Club
“I can’t fault him. He loves people and would be good in a house with older children.
“He is a dream on a lead and is ready to go, but just needs a loving home.”
Marcus did not enjoy a glittering career as a race dog. Out of 57 races, he won just seven.
But Greyhound Rescue is convinced he would make an ideal pet.
If you can give Marcus a good new home, contact 07000 785092 for further information.