Fury after Honiton residents described as ‘looking like pigs’
Facebook slur prompts calls to police.
A row on Facebook, which resulted in Honiton residents being described as “looking like pigs on a good day”, prompted offended users of the social networking site to call police.
However, they were told the issue was not a police matter and, instead, advised to contact Facebook.
One disgusted resident told the Midweek Herald: “It has caused tears, upset and stress to people.
“All the comments upset me.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Martin Burrow said police at Honiton did not handle the complaints, but reiterated the advice that offensive remarks on the internet should be reported to site operators.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes