Fuse box fire in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 13:25 16 September 2014 | UPDATED: 13:25 16 September 2014

�

Archant

Firefighters called to a commercial property in High Street in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).

Firefighters in Honiton tackled a fire involving a fuse box at a commercial property in High Street.

One fire appliance from Honiton Fire Station was mobilised after reports of an alarm sounding at around 4.50am this morning (Tuesday).

On arrival fire crews confirmed a smell of burning was coming from the building and a second appliance from Middlemoor station also attended.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews gained access to a store cupboard which was heavily smoked logged.

“They established a fire in a fuse box and proceeded to extinguish using one dry powder extinguisher whilst wearing two breathing apparatus. Crews also used positive pressure ventilation to help ventilate the property.

“Crews handed over the incident to a key holder present who was going to contact an electrician.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald