Future of maternity unit is secure
I am writing about your front page article regarding future maternity provision at Honiton hospital. Most new mothers having a normal birth in Devon already return home later the same day, under the care of a midwife.
I am writing about your front page article regarding future maternity provision at Honiton hospital.
Most new mothers having a normal birth in Devon already return home later the same day, under the care of a midwife.
NHS Devon has asked the RD&E to ensure that community midwifery services in community hospitals at least match those on offer at its own birth centre, where all mums having a normal birth return home the same day.
The proposals will mean: the longer term future of Honiton maternity unit - and others in Devon - are secured.
You may also want to watch:
Mums in Honiton and the rest of Devon will have a greater choice over where they would like to give birth.
Mums will have a seamless service throughout their pregnancy, birth and postnatal periods
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
Women and babies will be provided with high quality individually planned postnatal care in their own homes.
More babies born in Honiton hospital or in the family home.
A number of engagement events are being planned so that people find out more and contribute to the plan.
If you would like to attend one of these events please contact email@example.com or telephone (01392) 267 865 to register your interest.
Thank you for allowing me to make this clear.
NHS Devon's lead midwife, responsible for Tiverton, Honiton and Okehampton services.