Gales battering East Devon
Strong winds and rain follow stormy night.
Gales continue to batter East Devon after a stormy night.
The Met Office says high winds are likely to ease later on today, but, in the meantime, conditions are hazardous in places.
Debris is on many roads and train services have been disrupted.
Firefighters were called out in the early hours to deal with a metal shed that blew onto a fence and came to rest between a lamppost and a house at Barns Close, Bradninch.
You may also want to watch:
The structure was made safe using lines and small tools.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track