Gaping hole discovered in church roof
Businessman was investigating small damp patch, but found 12 feet hole in middle of roof.
A Honiton businessman, called to investigate a damp patch at the town’s Baptist Church, discovered a gaping hole in the building’s roof.
The hole was in the middle of the roof and was 12 feet long by five feet wide.
Nick Whittaker, of N J Whittaker, said: “The actual damp patch was quite small.
“When I spotted the size of the hole in the roof I couldn’t believe it.”
The hole was immediately covered and the damp patch went away.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route