Garage blaze at Axminster

PUBLISHED: 09:15 25 February 2013 | UPDATED: 09:15 25 February 2013

�

Archant

Fire crews from Axminster and Chard called to the scene

A garage and car were severely damaged during a fire involving a car and gas boiler in Axminster.

Firefighters from Axminster and two fire crews from Chard attended the incident this morning (Monday), at 5.41am, which occurred in a garage of a property at Smallridge.

Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

A cordon also had to be set up due to the instability of the garage.

The blaze was extinguished by 8.34am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The garage was severely damaged by the fire. A car was also severely damaged.

“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald