Garage blaze at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Axminster and Chard called to the scene
A garage and car were severely damaged during a fire involving a car and gas boiler in Axminster.
Firefighters from Axminster and two fire crews from Chard attended the incident this morning (Monday), at 5.41am, which occurred in a garage of a property at Smallridge.
Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.
A cordon also had to be set up due to the instability of the garage.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was extinguished by 8.34am.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The garage was severely damaged by the fire. A car was also severely damaged.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.”