Garage fire

PUBLISHED: 09:06 08 October 2012 | UPDATED: 09:07 08 October 2012

�

Archant

Roof severely damaged during blaze.

Firefighters were called to reports of a fire in a garage at Honiton.

Two fire appliances from Honiton responded to the incident at 9.44am, last Sunday, at Wood Hill View.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “There was a fire in the garage involving a tumble dryer, the garage roof was severely damaged by fire and the adjoining house was heavily smoke logged.”

Breathing apparatus and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald