Garage fire

Roof severely damaged during blaze.

Firefighters were called to reports of a fire in a garage at Honiton.

Two fire appliances from Honiton responded to the incident at 9.44am, last Sunday, at Wood Hill View.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “There was a fire in the garage involving a tumble dryer, the garage roof was severely damaged by fire and the adjoining house was heavily smoke logged.”

Breathing apparatus and hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus