Garages damaged in early morning fire in Dunkeswell
PUBLISHED: 09:44 28 January 2018
Engines were sent from Honiton shortly after midnight to tackle the fire.
Firefighters in Honiton were called out shortly after midnight after reports of a garage fire in Dunkeswell.
Crews arrived to find a detached garage was well alight at a property in Powells Way and tackled the blaze using two hose reel jets, one covering jet and two breathing apparatus.
A fire service spokesman said: “Two 10kg cylinders and a petrol container were removed to open air and were not effected by the fire.
“There was 100 per cent fire damage was caused to one garage and 20 per cent fire damage caused to an attached garage. Crews used a thermal image camera to check the fire was out and left duty of care with the occupier. The cause of the fire was accidental.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.