Garden blaze in Colyton

An unattended bonfire in a private garden in Colyton led to a callout from firefighters after a fire spread to a nearby shed.

Firefighters from Colyton and Axminster were called to the incident at Cownhayne Lane yesterday (Wednesday) at 3.43pm and found a shed and large hedge alight.

It was extinguished using a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera.

The shed was severely damaged during the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter