Gas cooker fire at Axminster

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine - Credit: Archant

Oil catches alight at a property in South Street

Firefighters attended a small fire involving food and oil within a gas cooker at Frank Rowe House in South Street, Axminster, at around 7.45pm yesterday (Tuesday, June 6).

The blaze was out prior to the crew’s arrival so they carried out an inspection and isolated the cooker.

Damage was confined to the cooker itself.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus