Gas cylinder fire in Axminster

Butane cylinder believed to be involved.

A gas cylinder had to be removed from a domestic property in Axminster following a fire.

Fire crews from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis, were called to the incident in Lyme Road today (Monday), at 2.41pm, which involved a gas cylinder.

On arrival firefighters had to use breathing apparatus and hose reel to cool a cylinder, believed to be a 4.5kg butane cylinder.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The cylinder was removed to open air and a ground monitor was set up for cooling. Crews ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter