Gas scare after Seaton cooker fire

PUBLISHED: 11:31 08 October 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

Gas board personnel join firefighters after 999 call to property in Eyewell Green.

Fire crews from Seaton, Colyton and Exeter were joined by gas board personnel following reports of a property fire in Seaton.

Emergency services were called to a home in Eyewell Green shortly after 8pm last night (Friday).

Reports suggested a gas pipe may be leaking and a hazardous material officer was required at the scene.

A small fire, involving an electric cooker, was out when the emergency services arrived.

“There was fire damage to an isolate gas pipe spur,” a spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said. “Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan and a gas detector and cut away the charred wood around the pipe.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald