Gas scare after Seaton cooker fire
Gas board personnel join firefighters after 999 call to property in Eyewell Green.
Fire crews from Seaton, Colyton and Exeter were joined by gas board personnel following reports of a property fire in Seaton.
Emergency services were called to a home in Eyewell Green shortly after 8pm last night (Friday).
Reports suggested a gas pipe may be leaking and a hazardous material officer was required at the scene.
A small fire, involving an electric cooker, was out when the emergency services arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“There was fire damage to an isolate gas pipe spur,” a spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said. “Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan and a gas detector and cut away the charred wood around the pipe.”
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 10 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness