Gas scare after Seaton cooker fire
Gas board personnel join firefighters after 999 call to property in Eyewell Green.
Fire crews from Seaton, Colyton and Exeter were joined by gas board personnel following reports of a property fire in Seaton.
Emergency services were called to a home in Eyewell Green shortly after 8pm last night (Friday).
Reports suggested a gas pipe may be leaking and a hazardous material officer was required at the scene.
A small fire, involving an electric cooker, was out when the emergency services arrived.
“There was fire damage to an isolate gas pipe spur,” a spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said. “Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan and a gas detector and cut away the charred wood around the pipe.”
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire