Gas scare after Seaton cooker fire
Gas board personnel join firefighters after 999 call to property in Eyewell Green.
Fire crews from Seaton, Colyton and Exeter were joined by gas board personnel following reports of a property fire in Seaton.
Emergency services were called to a home in Eyewell Green shortly after 8pm last night (Friday).
Reports suggested a gas pipe may be leaking and a hazardous material officer was required at the scene.
A small fire, involving an electric cooker, was out when the emergency services arrived.
You may also want to watch:
“There was fire damage to an isolate gas pipe spur,” a spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said. “Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan and a gas detector and cut away the charred wood around the pipe.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery