GCSE results: The Woodroffe School
Outstanding achievements for Lyme Regis students.
Students at The Woodroffe School have achieved outstanding GCSE results and the best the school has ever seen.
Eighty-eight per cent of students achieved 5 A*-C grades, well above the national average, and above 80 per cent for the fourth year in a row.
Dr Richard Steward, headteacher, said, “This is an excellent set of results. I am delighted to see that the school has sustained its high levels of attainment and it is a pleasure to see so many superb individual performances.
“As ever, students have worked incredibly hard and one can only admire the commitment and determination of those young people who manage to achieve high grades across such a broad range of disciplines.”
You may also want to watch:
The new GCSE benchmark figure of five GCSEs (including English and Maths) was equally impressive at 71 per cent.
There were some outstanding individual performances with a host of students gaining impressive sets of A* and A grades: Scarlett Down achieved 6A*s and the equivalent of 5As; Josephine Rapson de Pauley 3A*s and the equivalent of 9 A grades; Robert James 3A*s and the equivalent of 8 As; Kristian Beckers 4A*s and the equivalent of 7As; Michael Bond 4A*s and the equivalent of 4As; Esmeralda Voegele-Downing 3A*s and the equivalent of 6As; Daniel Beckers 2A*s and 8As; James Dunford 2A*s and 7As; Isobel Scrafton 2A*s and 6 As; Hollie Dascombe 1A* and 10As; Amy French 1A* and 7As.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style