Boris Johnson arrives in East Devon
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson has arrived in East Devon in support of his party’s candidate.
Mr Johnson joined Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon at Darts Farm on Thursday (November 28).
The Prime Minister visited Chumleigh College in North Devon this morning.
Simon Jupp, Conservative candidate for East Devon, said: "He is a huge fan of Devon, he used to swim in the River Exe as a kid which is pretty cool.
"I would say we have got a huge champion in 10 Downing Street next month if we elect Boris Johnson as our Prime Minister."
You may also want to watch:
Neil Parish, Conservative candidate for Tiverton and Honiton said: "Its just good to have him down here.
"Love or hate Boris he is infectious - he has that something about him that cheers up to get on with life.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
"That is what he does. He will be to really spur us on and make sure we hold here."
The full list of East Devon Parlimentary Candidates is: Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit) Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
More to follow.