George the dolphin joins swimmers at Beer
Friendly marine mammal likes nothing better than to splash around with humans
SWIMMERS at Beer had a splashing time when they were joined by a fun-loving dolphin.
Known as George, the friendly marine mammal,is a regular visitor to south coast resorts and apparently likes nothing better than to play with humans.
He even gives rides to some of the children.
George has previously taken up residence in Bournemouth and Weymouth - but was a very welcome visitor when he turned up to spend a whole day in the bay at Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Some 10-feet long, he seems to be very friendly, but experts say he should still be regarding as a powerful wild animal.
Dolphins are also protected species and boat operators are advised to immediately switch off their engines and allow the animal to approach them.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home