Get a grip!
Tyre audit shows 40 per cent of motorists in Honiton are driving on illegal tyres.
DRIVERS in Honiton are being warned not to let their tyres cost them their lives this Christmas .
According to a tyre audit carried out by HiQ, based in King Street, 40 per cent of motorists in the town are making journeys on dangerously worn tyres that are below the 1.6mm minimum tread depth.
They are being warned they risk driving a time bomb.
HiQ owner Gary Thomson said: “The number of illegal tyres we are coming across is staggering.
You may also want to watch:
“We have checked 500 cars and it would appear that tyres are the forgotten part of the vehicle in many motorists’ minds when, in fact, it is the most important.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost