Get a grip!
Tyre audit shows 40 per cent of motorists in Honiton are driving on illegal tyres.
DRIVERS in Honiton are being warned not to let their tyres cost them their lives this Christmas .
According to a tyre audit carried out by HiQ, based in King Street, 40 per cent of motorists in the town are making journeys on dangerously worn tyres that are below the 1.6mm minimum tread depth.
They are being warned they risk driving a time bomb.
HiQ owner Gary Thomson said: “The number of illegal tyres we are coming across is staggering.
You may also want to watch:
“We have checked 500 cars and it would appear that tyres are the forgotten part of the vehicle in many motorists’ minds when, in fact, it is the most important.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event