Get involved in Honiton’s Big Devon Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find Honiton’s best cake baker to boost funds for the town’s new day hospice.
Honiton’s Big Bake Off is being hosted by the Honiton Hospiscare Support Group as part of Hospiscare’s Big Devon Bake Off.
It takes place on Tuesday, September 23, between 9am and noon, at the Mackarness Hall.
Money raised from the bake-off will go to the East Devon Day Hospice Appeal.
As part of the contest, the competitors will bake two identical cakes of their choice. One will be cut into sample pieces which will be placed in a line - bake-off style - behind a Hospiscare collecting tin.
You may also want to watch:
The uncut cakes will be raffled off so visitors will have a chance to win their favourite cakes.
Members of the public pay £1 entry and then £1 for a cup of coffee and the opportunity to take part in the all-important taster test. They can then choose their winner by placing 50p in the tin next to their favourite cake.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Mary, who is the chairman of the Honiton Hospiscare Support Group, said: “We don’t mind if people vote for all 12!”
In the region of £150,000 has been raised towards the £250,000 needed to complete and run the day hospice, which is being built in King Street, Honiton.
Anyone who would like to take part is urged to call Mary on 01404 43196 for more information.