Giant pirate sleepover
- Credit: Archant
Hollywood’s most famous pirate visits Beavers and Cubs in Honiton.
It was ‘ooh-arr me hearties’ as the Honiton Beavers and Cubs enjoyed a visit from Hollywood’s most famous pirate.
Captain Jack Sparrow visited the groups to take part in the groups’ Giant Sleepover, which was held to raise money for UNICEF. The children made some pirate hats and parrots before Captain Jack dropped by on a surprise visit, sparking mass excitement.
Other activities included archery, learning knots and embarking on a water trail, all while the children worked towards their next badges.
The top prize was a pair of David Beckham Football Academy tracksuit bottoms, scooped up alongside a sports shirt, football and lanyards.
You may also want to watch:
Each child also received a goody bag, packed with The Giant Sleepover treats.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis