Gilli entertains Honiton Craft Club.
GILLI Cooper, chairman of Honiton Craft Club, was guest speaker at the group’s April meeting last week - and had members in stitches.
Stitches was the theme of her talk. It revealed her life through all aspects of needlework - from the age of four, when she started making fabric bags, to the present day.
Making things from fabric is in her blood.
Her grandmother and father both inspired her from a young age.
Her numerous projects enthralled the audience and entertained at the same time. Stories were laden with humorous asides and she exhibited some of the garments she told more amusing tales about.
You may also want to watch:
Gilli has turned her creative streak to all manner of projects and even made outfits for her daughter’s wedding.
The craft club’s next meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 25, at Honiton Methodist Church, 10am to noon.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
Jane Goodson will be the guest speaker and her talk is entitled Botanical Illustration.