Gilli entertains Honiton Craft Club.
GILLI Cooper, chairman of Honiton Craft Club, was guest speaker at the group’s April meeting last week - and had members in stitches.
Stitches was the theme of her talk. It revealed her life through all aspects of needlework - from the age of four, when she started making fabric bags, to the present day.
Making things from fabric is in her blood.
Her grandmother and father both inspired her from a young age.
Her numerous projects enthralled the audience and entertained at the same time. Stories were laden with humorous asides and she exhibited some of the garments she told more amusing tales about.
You may also want to watch:
Gilli has turned her creative streak to all manner of projects and even made outfits for her daughter’s wedding.
The craft club’s next meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 25, at Honiton Methodist Church, 10am to noon.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Jane Goodson will be the guest speaker and her talk is entitled Botanical Illustration.