Gilli entertains Honiton Craft Club.
GILLI Cooper, chairman of Honiton Craft Club, was guest speaker at the group’s April meeting last week - and had members in stitches.
Stitches was the theme of her talk. It revealed her life through all aspects of needlework - from the age of four, when she started making fabric bags, to the present day.
Making things from fabric is in her blood.
Her grandmother and father both inspired her from a young age.
Her numerous projects enthralled the audience and entertained at the same time. Stories were laden with humorous asides and she exhibited some of the garments she told more amusing tales about.
Gilli has turned her creative streak to all manner of projects and even made outfits for her daughter’s wedding.
The craft club’s next meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 25, at Honiton Methodist Church, 10am to noon.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
Jane Goodson will be the guest speaker and her talk is entitled Botanical Illustration.